Monday, April 11, 2016

If Life Offers You A Gift...Take It.

“Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance.  Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom”.
-Shakyamuni Buddha
 
I must admit that I have a personality that tends to be withdrawn and disengaged.  My preference is to be a hermit living in my cave.  This is not all bad but it can limit your possibilities.  From time to time I try to make myself live intentionally with the attitude of Yes!  What I mean by this is that I try to make myself take advantage of every opportunity.  You cannot grow and develop as a person if you are constantly saying no to life.  When life offers you a gift, take it.  When life presents you with an opportunity, seize it.  When life gives you a challenge, don’t run away from it.  If your life is not expanding, you are not really living.  There are times when we all need to disengage and withdraw and it is fine to do that.  Sometimes even the best of us need to rest and heal.  Life is demanding and it can be occasionally brutal.  Say yes to life and it will gift you with wisdom.  Most things in life will not come to you.  You have to leave the cave.  Some of us are more eager to do this because we have an adventurous spirit.  Others are a little more apprehension or even afraid.  However, I recently read that everything we want is on the other side of our fears.       
 

No comments: