Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Quiet Evening At Home

It's Saturday night and all is quiet. Well, it's not completely quiet. I have a very large music collection. Sometimes it is difficult to decide what I want to hear. Yesterday I discovered Rolling Stone magazine's "Top 500 Albums of All Time". I've decided to use this list as a guide to my listening. I am going to play all the one's that I own. At the moment I am listening to Bob Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited". It's a classic as are all the albums on this list. It will take me a while to work my way through this list. Like with books, while reading or listening to one, I am distracted and seduced by another.

I am feeling full. My wife and I ate dinner at a Japanese Steak House. I had a great steak and some grilled shrimp and I ate entirely too much fried rice. I love eating at Japanese restaurants. It is such a fun and entertaining experience watching the chef cook your meal right at your table. I took my granddaughter once and her eyes were big as silver dollars as she watched the chef chopping the food and amazing us with his skill.

Like many people I am on Facebook. Many of my friends are young. Activity on Facebook almost comes to a halt on weekend nights. All of the young people are out on the streets enjoying life. I am sitting here in my room just trying to stay awake until bedtime. There are some aspects of growing older that I enjoy. Lately, however, the idea of becoming older is starting to bother me a bit. One aspect of aging that bothers me the most is the significant decrease in my energy. I miss the days of my youth when I was out on the streets howling at the moon. If you are a young person reading this old man's blog, enjoy your youth while you have it. Soon enough you be sitting in your Lazy Boy chair on a Saturday night listening to the top 500 albums of all time while your wife sits in another room watching Christmas in July on QVC.

No comments: