Thursday, January 19, 2017

Leaps Of Faith

I came upon some great quotes yesterday while wondering what I could write about…..
 
Stop resisting your problems so furiously in your mind.  Stop struggling to solve them.  If you do that, a great sense of peace following by a great sense of power will come to you”.
-Norman Vincent Peale
 
Do you have patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?  Can you remain unmoving until the right action arises by itself?”
-Lao Tzu
 
You cannot control the results, only your actions”.
-Allen Lokos
 
God and the Universe have always given me what I need and I have always been OK.  I think this will remain true and whatever I have not be able to attain for myself will still come to me one way or another.  There are people in this world who have problems for every solution.  They believe that if they smell flowers there must be a funeral home nearby.   There are also people in this world who want a disaster plan for every potential crisis that could happen even if the reality is that most of our fears never actually occur.  You cannot have a contingency plan for everything in life.  When your water is clear, other people will often try to stir up the mud and makes everything cloudy.  Nothing in life is certain and all things are impermanent.  My point is that sometimes in life you have to just take a chance and make a leap of faith.  Most of our lives, regardless of our age, are leaps of faith into the darkness.  God laughs at our plans.  Sometimes you just have to take a chance and wing it!  

No comments: