Sunday, July 24, 2016

Our Inner Observer

“Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe the observer”.
-Hamilton Boudreaux
 
One of the goals of self-knowledge is to develop your “Inner Observer”.  We all fall into traps and patterns of behavior.  This behavior is not always good.  Through psychological knowledge and spiritual awareness we can learn to recognize our dysfunctional selves before we act out in negative or harmful ways.  I know a lot about my psychological makeup and I know when I am being my best self and when I am being my worst self.  The primary goal is to present my best self to the world as much as possible.  A secondary goal is to see my dysfunctional self coming down the road and heading him off at the pass before he makes an appearance.  I am getting better at this all the time.  Occasionally he slips past me and everyone who meets him thinks, “Who is this guy”?  Our best and worst selves begin in our thoughts so by observing our thoughts we can learn to control who makes an appearance.  Will it be Michael the “Good Guy” or his evil twin?  

No comments: