Wednesday, May 11, 2016

You Are What You Think

Do not think that what your thoughts dwell upon is of no matter.  Your thoughts are making you.”
-Bishop Steere
 
You are what you think.  What do you think about all day?  It really depends on where I am.  Walking through the woods I am likely to have different thoughts than what I typically have in the workplace.  On a good day I most likely have good and positive thoughts.  On a difficult day my thoughts may be hostile and obsessive.  When I am daydreaming I may be thinking of a beautiful place, some great music or a good book I am enjoying.  When I am with my granddaughter I am thinking about how much she is growing up and what a unique person she is becoming.  When I am meditating I am trying to not think at all.  In a typical day we all think about many things.  Some thoughts are positive or creative and they expand our minds.  Some thoughts are negative, depressing, or hurtful and they shrink our minds.  All of our minds go in many directions and each of us have wonderful and not so wonderful thoughts.  Take some time and think about what kind of thoughts take up most of your day.  What do your thoughts say about who you are? 

No comments: