Thursday, May 26, 2016

Concentration And Relaxation

Awareness stems from just the right mix of concentration and relaxation”.
 
I am as guilty as anyone of sometimes rushing through my day and everything around me is little more than a blur.  You can see a lot of the land from an airplane.  You can see more detail from a train or a car.  You can see even more detail by walking.  It can be challenging to concentrate on what you are doing while doing it in a relaxed way.  When you do it well there is a sense of freedom from space and time.  You get lost in the moment.  Some psychologists refer to this sensation as “flow”.  I call it being totally one with the moment.  I also call these Zen moments.  In more ways than one, speed kills.  As Gandhi once said, “There is more to life than increasing it’s speed”.  Slow down, pay attention, relax, and enjoy the eternal “Now”. 

No comments: