Friday, January 16, 2015

Each Day Is A New Beginning

The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow.  In that lies hope”.
-Architect Frank Lloyd Wright
 
There’s a somewhat corny saying that goes, “Today is a gift.  That’s why it’s called the present”.  The reality is that each new day is a gift that not everyone receives.  Each new day is a new beginning and every new beginning is a time of hope that we will be better people, that life will be better for us, and that we can forget yesterday’s troubles.  Often by the end of a workday I am tired and frazzled after dealing with whatever came up that day.  Sometimes when I finally get into my car and I am putting my key into the ignition, I close my eyes and think “Thank you, God”!  I’m not always sure if I am thanking God for giving me the strength to get through another day of work or if I am thanking him for finally getting me out of the office!  By the next morning, however, I am usually refreshed, renewed, and ready for whatever the new day brings.  Anything that feels overwhelming at the end of a day, or in the night, seems considerably less so at the beginning of a new day.  In the early morning I feel like I can do anything.  In the late afternoon I am often out of gas and little things can seem like a huge chore.  This is why I love early morning.  Anything seems possible in the morning.  It is generally a peaceful time.  I also like evenings because they are also peaceful even if they don’t seem as full of possibility as the morning.  If I could just find a way to avoid the whole middle part of the day.  Maybe I will start working 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM, go home and take a long nap, then come back to the office and work 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.  How does that sound?   
 

No comments: