Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

Today I had a rare Thanksgiving Day at home with my wife, children, and granddaughter.  Most of my life I have gone to other people's homes for the traditional Thanksgiving meal.  This year we stayed in our own home.  I am not going to pretend I cooked today.  We bought a nicely prepared meal from a local restaurant that we ate in our own dining room.  The food is not the important part of the day.  It is simply a backdrop to the more important act of simply being together with family and friends.  The focus of this day is to be grateful for all of life's blessings and to be with the people who are most important in your life.  Why else would millions of people go through the insanity of all the travel hurtles and difficulties that more often than not are made even more challenging because of weather?  Thanksgiving may be my favorite holiday because of its overall simplicity.  It may be the least commercial holiday celebrated in my country.  It's not a great day to be a turkey but it is a great day for most people.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family, friends, and anyone who reads these thoughts.  May all of your lives be blessed and may all of you live with grateful hearts.

Peace and Blessings to everyone! 

No comments: