Thursday, January 09, 2014

Bad Moods

Yesterday seemed like a trying day.  I was grumpy and much seemed to annoy me.  Nothing terrible happened but it might have been a day when the world would have been better off if I had stayed in bed.  On the way home it seemed appropriate to stop at a restaurant for some beer and pizza.  There’s a lot going on in the background of my life right now and concern over these things might have contributed to my bad mood.  I think I am being honest when I say that most days, regardless of how I feel physically, I am in a good mood.  Most things don’t bother me much and when something does I get over it quickly.  I am not one to hold onto things.  I may throw a little tantrum but then I get on with my life.  It is difficult to remember this in the heat of the moment but moods are like the weather.  They can change from day to day and usually the best plan is just to wait them out.  In calmer moments I also remember that we are not our moods.  As individuals we are more like a mountain.  On a day to day basis the mountain will experience a variety of weather.  There are calm, sunny, and beautiful days and there are sometimes stormy, cloudy, and dreary days.  In retrospect yesterday seemed a little dreary.  When I finally get settled in at home last night my wife and I watched the “People’s Choice Awards”.  It was a reminder that I am totally out of touch with current pop culture.  I did not recognize most of the award winners and most of the ones I did recognize I do not like.  The highlight of my day was going to bed.  Today I feel better but it is going to be a long day.  Tomorrow is the end of the work week so that makes me happy.  I am ready for the weekend.       

No comments: