Friday, October 11, 2013

The Weekend

I’m glad it’s Friday.  Mikey is moving a little slow today.  This afternoon I went to my family doctor for a checkup and blood work.  I am expecting my numbers to look good because I have really been trying to live a healthier life.  In fact, yesterday I discovered that I have earned some points in my employers Vitality program.  This is a program that encourages and rewards healthy living.  As soon as I discovered this I taught myself how to spend the points.  I was very happy to learn that I could use them for iTunes gift cards.  I used up as many points as I could and made quite a haul.  When I got home last night I was like an unsupervised child in a candy store.  I almost blew up my computer.  I may be living healthier but my music addiction is as strong as ever.  Today I will be rocking and rolling.  That should help lower my blood sugar.
 
Tomorrow my wife and I will be taking our granddaughter to Huber’s Orchard for our annual frolic through the pumpkin fields.  It will be a little warmer than I like for this time of year but it is expected to be a beautiful day.  It is very enjoyable, especially with Chloe, to walk in a field that has thousands of pumpkins lying around it.  I also enjoy the bumpy ride on the farm wagon out to the fields.  This is my favorite time of the year. 
 
For now I will sit here in my solitude while listening to the Jerry Garcia Band and drinking a Mocha Latte.  The windows are open and it is a beautiful day.

No comments: