Tuesday, October 08, 2013

The Unexpected

One thing you can always expect in life is the unexpected.  Yesterday I was driving home, happy the work day was over, when my engine light came on.  This is disturbing enough but my car also has warning bells which simulate the experience of a fire alarm going off in your car.  The warning light showed a car battery with a flashing lightning bolt on it.  I made it home but I admit these types of things stress me out.  I don’t want to be the guy who is stalled on the road making 50,000 other people mad because I am blocking their lane.  God is good so the car started this morning and I made it to the dealership before the warning light came on again.  I am fortunate because my oldest son works for the dealership and he always takes care of Mom and Dad.  I have two sons.  One is a priest and can he bless the car.  The other son can get the car fixed for the cheapest possible price.  He even gave me a loaner car so I didn’t have to wait on the repair.  Although the loaner car is very nice it stresses me out when I have to drive a strange car.  I don’t know how to adjust anything.  For example, I couldn’t figure out how to adjust the seat so I drove to work with my chin resting on my knee caps.  Meanwhile my wife, who is the Chief Financial Officer of the Brown Corporation, will be stressed all day worrying about how much it is going to cost to fix the car.  My biggest concern was remembering what the loaner car looked like so I could find it in the parking garage this afternoon.    
 

No comments: