Monday, August 12, 2013

A Busy Morning

I generally enjoy any time that I am not working in my office.  This morning, however, even though I was out of the office, I felt like I was working.  I took my wife to the doctor, stopped at IHOP to satisfy her craving for pancakes, went to the Post Office, took my wife back home and got her settled, gassed up the car, and dropped a new prescription off at the pharmacy.  I was also a little surprised at the traffic when I finally drove downtown to work.  It was much heavier than it usually is in the early morning hours when I am normally on the road.  My real work day hadn't even started and I already felt the need for a nap.  Life can sometimes seem like a never ending to do list.  It seems like there is always something that needs to be done.  Even when one spends a day at home there is laundry to wash, dry, and fold, dishes to be loaded into the dishwasher, messes to be cleaned up, and trash to be taken out.  If you are a recycle nut like me there are always cans, bottles, and plastic to be put in the recycle bins.  I once lived under the illusion that life would slow down as I got older.  It hasn’t.  Many of the activities that made me busy in my youth have continued and in some cases new activities have been added to the list.  As much as I like to just be, I guess life is about movement and as long as you are moving you are living.  When you stop moving you are dead.   

No comments: