Monday, April 29, 2013

Michael, Start Your Engine!

Written upon my arrival at work today....

This past weekend I did nothing. OK, I did do a couple loads of laundry on Sunday afternoon but that was my greatest accomplishment. Most of Friday I was under the weather and that carried over into Saturday. I woke up hacking and coughing and very lethargic. I spent most of Saturday on my couch or in my Lazy Boy asleep or staring out the window.  Although weekends are a time we should be able to do nothing and be guilt free about it, I often feel guilty when I spend my weekends staring out the window. Sometimes, however, one must overcome the guilt and listen to the body and give it what it needs. I feel pretty good this morning but it would be a stretch to say that I am enthusiastic for a new work week. Hopefully, that will change and I my mental state will soon be where it needs to be on a Monday morning.  I think I will avoid listening to the blues on my iPod. Maybe I will start off with some happy music like “Cheeseburger in Paradise” by Jimmy Buffett. The danger of that is that I might start thinking about how much I would like to also start off my day with a margarita. Maybe I should start slowly by sending out these thoughts, pour my third cup of coffee, read my morning emails, and check my calendar. After I do that maybe I will take a few laps around the office to get my blood pumping. I’m sure that within a few hours I will be my normal self going about my normal chores. Let’s hope so….




No comments: