Thursday, April 25, 2013

Comfort Zones

Yesterday seemed much longer than it actually was. It was a very full day with meetings, 1 x 1’s, and conference calls. To make it even worse, I was slightly under the weather with an emerging cold or routine sinus issues. I can never tell the difference between a cold or allergies. Some of my activities were of a technical nature and I am really out of my comfort zone when the conversation gets too technical. Occasionally I discover that I know more than I think I know but I am often nervous that I’m in over my head and will not have an answer to a question directed to me. By the end of the day my eyes were glazed over and I was completely brain dead. The good news is that most work days for me are not this busy or this technical. Most work days I am able to use my strengths and do what I do best. It is certainly more enjoyable to use one’s strengths than be operating from your weaknesses. Even though I don’t like it, I suppose it is good to occasionally be uncomfortable. It’s challenging and part of life is to be tested from time to time by having to do something when you are not at your best. I survived yesterday and now I am back at work to hopefully meet whatever challenges or tests that today brings. My morning began well at home when I received the following message from a total stranger. I found it affirming and encouraging.

I recently discovered your blog while in search of some Taoist philosophy. I’ve enjoyed perusing your posts. Nice style and interesting topics”.

Even though I sometimes feel like I don’t know what I am doing at work, at least I know I can write.







1 comment:

Diane Hughes said...

Yes, you can. :-)