Thursday, November 15, 2012

Simple Things

“I love 6:00 AM! I can’t wait to get out of bed”!

No one ever said this...

My wife bought us new sheets and an electric blanket for our bed. I must admit that I threw a little tantrum because she decided that we needed to put them on the bed at 11:00 PM at night. I was very tired and just wanted to go to bed with our old sheets and blanket. However, the next morning I realized that I’d had a great night of sleep. The new sheets and blanket reminded me of how much it’s the simple things in life that give us the most happiness. Although I tend to think too much I am basically a simple creature who is very content with simple things and a few creature comforts. It doesn’t take much to make me happy or to feel content. Here’s a few things I appreciate. I like a warm bed, a good night of sleep, my first cup of coffee in the morning, looking at the stars as I walk to the end of my driveway to retrieve my morning paper, my chair at home where I take wonderful naps, my music and book collection, my granddaughter’s smile, the laughter of co-workers, a hug from a friend, trips to the monastery, going out to lunch with my friends, a good day at work, a safe commute, crossing the threshold of my home at the end of a work day, a hot shower, a good meal, staring out the window, jamming to my favorite music and dancing like no one is watching, any quiet moment throughout my day, helping anyone I can with whatever is troubling them, writing and sharing my thoughts and having people tell me I wrote exactly what they needed to read that day. I could go on and on. What are the best things in your life?







No comments: