Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Fall Schedule

Why do I run off to Trappist monasteries for retreats and spend Wednesday nights meditating at a Buddhist temple? Here’s a schedule of my upcoming family events that was just sent to me by my wife.

  • Weekend of 9/15: Chloe spends the night and we visit Caufields Novelty Shop to see if their Halloween decorations are out yet.
  • Weekend of 9/22: Chloe spends the night and we get all of our Halloween decorations out of the shed. This is the shed originally built for a lawn mower and other yard tools.
  • Weekend of 9/29: Meemo and Paw Paw get a break.
  • Weekend of 10/6: Chloe spends the night and we go see the movie “Hotel Transylvania”.
  • Weekend of 10/13: Annual family trip to Huber’s Orchard to pick pumpkins and pay exorbitant prices for everything they sell except the air we breathe. The air is free.
  • Weekend of 10/20: My wife and I visit our son, Deacon Nick, at St. Meinrad School of Theology.
  • Weekend of 10/27: Chloe spends the night and we go see the movie “Frankenweenie”.
  • Weekend of 11/3: Meemo and Paw Paw get a break.
  • Weekend of 11/10: Chloe spends the night and we get all of our Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations out of the shed. Yes, the same shed that was designed for a lawn mower and other yard tools that I had to eventually give away because I had nowhere to store them.
  • Monday, 11/12: I call in sick from a psychiatric facility that also specializes in back issues.



No comments: