Friday, July 27, 2012

My Practices

Driving to work this morning I couldn’t decide on one single topic for today so this morning’s thought will be me rambling a bit. There are several things that are important to me regarding how I live my life. The first two are the practice of kindness and compassion. Kindness is basically just being nice. Why would anyone want to be a jerk? Amazingly, some people seem to do it on purpose. I strive to treat every person, regardless of who they are or what they do, with kindness. I also strive to always be compassionate with everyone who crosses my path. Compassion is having the ability to feel another person’s pain and also having the desire to lesson that pain. Compassion is closely related to kindness. I believe that what we put into the world comes back to us. Be kind and compassionate, and you will be on the receiving end of kindness and compassion someday when you need it.  Another thing important to me is contentment. I don’t think I have too much of anything but I believe I have enough of everything. I live a comfortable life but it’s not so comfortable that I can take it for granted. I have enough struggles and challenges to make me appreciate all the good things I have. Count your blessings and don’t take them for granted.  Be kind, be compassionate, and be content. 

My granddaughter recently received her "Yellow Belt" from her martial arts school.  Attached is a picture showing how happy and proud she was.






No comments: