Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Your Life Is Your Message

I saw this thought yesterday on Facebook and really liked it. It is very true in my opinion.

Your life is your message to the world. Make sure it’s inspiring.
-Unknown

I guess it is human nature to wonder what people think about us. I know I sometimes wonder what people really think of me. I have my fans but I’m fairly certain that I drive some people crazy and there are other people who simply do not get me. Imagining myself as a human billboard, I also sometimes wonder what message people are seeing when they observe me. I am not a very outgoing person and I don’t usually show a lot of emotion. I wonder if that is interpreted as me being arrogant or in a bad mood? Occasionally I also have moments where I feel giddy and slap happy and then I tend to be comical. Is that interpreted as “Michael is such a jovial person”? I believe the message of my life can best be determined by the things I write. I have written over 1000 “daily thoughts” throughout the years, not to mention the hand written journals I kept before there was email, the internet, and blogs. If anyone wanted to know the real me, I think it’s in the writing. It may be the only thing I am truly comfortable doing and it’s where I believe I am most honest even though I can't always be as honest as I would like. However, it’s not just the writing. Hopefully, the majority of my actions in the last 60+ years, and my faithfulness to my commitments, also say something. The writing, my actions, my faithfulness to commitments, and the daily encounters with others may or may not be inspiring but they are my legacy and my message to the world.

No comments: