Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chloe: Jedi Knight In Training

When I was getting my jacket and lunch container from the back seat of my car this morning I couldn’t help but notice the empty packages from some toys my wife bought my granddaughter. These packages were not from Barbie dolls. They were the remains of packages that contained Star War’s action figures. Chloe is now totally into Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, C3PO, and R2D2, to say nothing of Jabba the Hutt. Chloe is no tomboy. She’s all woman. She has a definte style in clothes and she knows exactly what she wants to wear and how she wants to look. This goes for her hair as well. She is also an adventurous woman. Her current love of all things related to Star Wars is a Deja Vu experience for me. I’ve already been through the entire Star War’s experience with her Dad. In fact, I know that at one time I had purchased every Star Wars action figure, space ship, and creature. If I still had all of them I could put them on eBay and probably retire by the end of the day. My son loves having a daughter who enjoys Star Wars more than Barbie dolls and who also shares his penchant for adventurous activities like four wheeling in the woods. I enjoy having a granddaughter who loves dinosaurs, adventure films, and rock and roll but who is still innocent enough to find humor in SpongeBob Squarepants.

No comments: