Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monday Morning In Louisville

A weekend without my granddaughter is a weekend of boredom and emptiness. Yes, I got more rest, although you wouldn’t know it the way I feel at this moment, but when she’s not around you quickly realize how much life she brings to the party. In spite of her absence, we did celebrate my youngest son’s 30th birthday. One of the best, though difficult, times of my life was a time when I was un-employed and I stayed home with him. At the time he was two years old. I was a very good house husband. Part of my fatigue this morning is that I stayed up too late last night watching the Oscars. After music, movies are one of my favorite things in life. Movies make me laugh, think, cry, and feel. I haven’t seen all of this year’s Oscar nominees but I have seen “The Help” and “Midnight in Paris”. Both are excellent and highly recommended. I especially liked “Midnight in Paris” as I felt a strong affinity with the main character. However, it’s not midnight in Paris, it’s morning in Louisville and a new work week is upon us. A new week always seems so overwhelming. I know that in a few hours it will seem less so. A new work week is like starting a car on a cold morning. Sometimes the engine doesn’t want to start. Eventually it turns over and soon enough you are on your way. That’s kind of how the work week goes for me.

No comments: