Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Staying On The Path

The journey of life is a long commute. At this stage of my journey I find myself looking for a rest stop more often. I believe the commute of life is basically a spiritual journey. Everything we do and everything that happens to us either awakens us or puts us to sleep. Every relationship either gives us life or can feel like it takes life from us. Life is hard and we will often feel weary. I know I want to be an awakened one but too often I feel like I am just hitting the snooze alarm. Even when I am conscious I often feel like I am stumbling along the path or wandering in the desert. Other times I wonder if I am doing anything right. Still, even if I have hit the snooze alarm a time or two, I get up as best I can and I continue the journey. I try to stay on the path. I try to live a good life and to do good things. I try to be kind to others and myself. I try to not only practice compassion but to actually show it. I try to be a good person. I try to maintain a sense of wonder and joy about life. I try to be present to the moment. I try to be happy and not to be sad. I try to remember that the journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step. Finally, I try to remember that the journey is the destination.

No comments: