Wednesday, August 24, 2011

When Are You At Your Best?

As I was taking my daily walk yesterday I was looking at all the displays in my office promoting our new corporate brand. One of them said, “When are you at your best?” I thought about this question for the rest of my walk. I think I am at my best when all the different parts of who I am are in balance and working in harmony with whatever I am doing. What do I mean by this? My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFP. I am an introverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiver. This type is also known as “The Dreamer” or “The Idealist”. My Enneagram type is Nine, also known as “The Peacemaker.” My top five strengths according to the Strength Finder book that is popular in many companies now are Empathy, Intellection, Connectedness, Developer, and Communication. When I can dream, pursue my idealism, create peacefulness for myself and others, feel empathy, expand my intellect through the joy of thinking, see the connectedness of all of life, teach others what I have learned in life, and communicate well, I am at my best. Most days I am happy if I successfully do any of this but when I am hitting on all cylinders and effortlessly doing it all, I am the best version of who I am. Of course, each of us has our own particular blend of personality traits, talents, skills, and strengths so the best version of who you are will be something different from who I am. This diversity of potential is what makes the world go round.

No comments: