Tuesday, August 09, 2011

What a Beautiful Morning!

I woke up this morning with so many thoughts that I found it difficult to focus on any one of them. When I went outside to get my morning newspaper I thought about how low the humidity was and how the fresh and relatively cool morning air was invigorating. While I was doing my morning reading, and drinking my first cup of coffee, I reflected on a prayer of St. Francis. In the early days of his conversion he prayed over and over, “Who are you God? Who am I”? I realized I have been praying this same prayer all of my life even thought I did not realize it until today. Driving my morning commute into my office I wondered why I was ahead of schedule. Was I experiencing a time/space anomaly? Had I been transported through a wormhole from my home to the downtown area in an instant? After dropping my wife off at her office I switched my radio over to the Grateful Dead station on Sirius and thought about how much I love music. My wife would never go for the Grateful Dead on our morning commute so I have to wait until I drop her off to kick it up a notch. When she's in the car we listen to new age music in the mornings. Rock and roll gets my blood pumping. I also wondered what cool music I could share with Denise, my co-worker, who has the same taste in music that I do. Walking into my office I was thinking what a beautiful morning it was as the sun rose in the eastern sky. All of this reminded me again, even though I don’t think I need a reminder, that life is good, there are many wonderful moments, and I should never complain about anything. I should just enjoy what life brings me and be present to it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice post. I enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice post. I enjoyed reading it.