Saturday, March 07, 2009

Jamming With Joe Bonamassa


First of all, it is a glorious morning. I am sitting here with my window open. A wonderful breeze is blowing in. Outside it is sunny and 68 degrees. By the end of the day it will probably be 10 degrees warmer. Soon I will be complaining about how hot I am.

Last night I attended a magnificent musical performance by Joe Bonamassa. Joe is a white, blues/rock singer and guitarist of enormous skill and virtuosity. Simply put, he was smoking hot. I attended with my usual group of fellow music lovers. The show was in an intimate setting called the Bomhard Theater. The Bomhard is a small theater within the larger Kentucky Center for the Arts. If you love blues and rock and roll I encourage you to see Joe if you have the opportunity. At the very least I highly recommend his CD entitled "Live from nowhere in particular". It's a very good representation of what I saw last night.
**********************************************************************************
My son, Nick, is home from the seminary for spring break. Last week was his 27th birthday. This evening we will meet up with my other son, his wife, and Chloe for a birthday dinner. Guess who will be coming home with Pa Paw?

1 comment:

Littlefair said...

Strange coincidence!
My cousin recommended only the other week Joe Bonamassa's new one - Ballad of John Henry!

He describes it as "stonking good fun!" Will have to dip in and see for myself!