Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Love Saturdays


Today is a cool, rainy, and somewhat dreary Saturday morning but I love it anyway. Any day that I don't have to work, while still having a job, is a good day. I have been tired for a month so last night I went to bed at the relatively early hour of 11:30 PM. I slept very well with the help of two Tylenol PM's and didn't wake up until 10:00 AM. The lack of morning sunshine probably helped. I eased my way down the stairs and out the front door to the end of my driveway where my still dry morning newspaper awaited me. It takes longer to go get the newspaper than to read it. That should give you some idea of the current state of the local newspaper. Back in the house I made some coffee. If my granddaughter was here, she would have helped me. While the coffee was brewing, I cooked an egg and warmed up a biscuit. While eating my breakfast I heard the postman...or was it a postwoman...delivering the mail. Lately I have been on a worldwide search for hard to find CD's. Two of them arrived today. I have been trying to track down remastered versions of all the Peter Gabriel era Genesis CD's. This is a band I kind of missed in their heyday but in recent years have learned to love. So, as I type these notes and drink my second cup of coffee I am listening to "Selling England by the Pound" which will be followed by "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". I am having no deep thoughts this morning. It is just a simple morning enjoying simple pleasures. Yes, I love Saturdays!

No comments: