Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Passing Of My Mother In Law

Early this afternoon, on a beautiful, clear, sunny day, my dear mother in law, Edna Clements, passed from this life. I was blessed to be present in her last hours along with my wife and her sisters. Shortly before her death I was able to spend time alone with her. She was really more like a mother to me than a mother in law. While holding her hand I thanked her for everything she had done for me over the years. I told her what a great mother in law she had been to me and what a wonderful grandmother she had been to my children and granddaughter. I told her how her husband, John, and others she loved who have preceded her in death, were waiting for her. Edna was a grand and classy lady with a smile that lit up a room and a heart as big as life. In the 35 or so years that I have been part of her family we had many, many wonderful times. There are so many stories that could be told. I will be thinking a lot about our family life and our stories over the next day or so. Like I did for my father in law when he died, I have been asked by the family to give a eulogy at her funeral. I consider it a great honor. She will surely be missed and never forgotten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Jim and Teri Parris. Our hearts go out to you, your wife.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for the loss to your family. Steve

Michael Charles Loh said...

May your beloved mother-in-law rests in the bosom of our dearest Lord Jesus and be comforted in eternal rest.

My prayers are with you and family, Michael Loh (Unbearable Likeness of An Angel)