Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Couple Of Days Out Of My Routine

I have spent the last two days in a downtown hotel attending some Corporate training. These events are usually well planned and generally enjoyable. It enables me to see peers and friends that are not always part of my every day environment. It was nice to be out of my normal routine. Although my emails and work have piled up a little, the time away has fast forwarded my week. I was in my office on Monday and now it is already Thursday. There is nothing about that which upsets me.

It was a beautiful morning. Although overcast, the temperature was already in the high sixties. It rained a little today but such mild weather is welcome. Yesterday, after my training, I walked six or seven blocks to where my wife works. It was invigorating. I really felt alive. After sitting in a huge room with hundreds of people all day, it was wonderful to get lost in my solitary trek along the downtown streets.

My granddaughter, Chloe, keeps calling my house. She's not aware that she does it. Apparently, she gets the phone at her house and hits the speed dial. All we hear is background noise and then she hangs up.

No comments: