Monday, October 16, 2006

A Night In The Emergency Room

It has been a hectic couple of days. Late Saturday night my wife and I took our youngest son the the emergency room. Apparenantly he had a severe allergic reaction to some penicillen. It was serious enough that the doctor decided to admit him overnight for continued observation. As I was walking to my car to go home , I reallized it was 3:15 AM. The monks at the monastery were gathering for their night prayer! By the next day he appeared well enough to come home home. Shortly after he was back home, We received a call from my other son telling us that my granddaughter Chloe had a 104 degree temperature and they were taking her to the emergency room. Chloe has never been really sick in two years but now she is in a daycare. It makes all the difference in the world. Fortunately, Chloe wasn't seriously ill and she was released within a few hours. All seemed well until Monday morning. Shortly after I arrived at work, my youngest son called and told me he was having another reaction. Since I had a commitment at work, my wife left work to go home and check it out. She had to take him back to the emergency room and now he's back in the hospital. He appears to be stable now but I am not sure how long he must stay in the hospital. Like the cold and wet commute on Monday evening, some days just rain down problems.

No comments: