Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What Is Success?

What is success? If success is measured by the size of your paycheck, I am a failure. If success is measured by how much power you wield, I am a failure. If success is measured by how many things you have, I am a failure (admittedly I have enough things, if not an over abundance) If success is measured by how many people you have in your life that love and care for you, I am a success. If success is measured by how content you are in life, I am a success. If success is measured by how much influence you have in the lives of others, I am a success. If success is measured by the ability to get lost in a sunrise or sunset, I am a success. If success is measured by the ability to find joy in the simple things of life, I am a success. If success is measured by the ability to sit in silence and hear much, I am a success. If success is measured by the ability to sit in solitude and see much, I am a success. Don't measure your success by power, prestige, or possessions. Measure your success by how much you live and feel and love.

1 comment:

Aspiring To Be...Me said...

I hope to be as successful as you are one day...