Friday, September 22, 2006

The Weekend Is Here

Does anything feel as good as Friday night? It is always a good feeling to finish the work week. I love to go to bed on Friday night knowing the morning alarm will be dormant and I can wake up naturally. To make this Friday night even better, it is pouring down rain outside my window. A little earlier my granddaughter, Chloe, and her parents were here for a visit. We had met them earlier for some pizza. Tomorrow, after I wake up, I will go get Chloe and bring her back here to spend the day and night. My wife and I will take her with us on Sunday when we go to my parent's home for a cookout celebrating the return of my brother from Iraq. Soon it will be bedtime and I am eager for sleep induced by the rhythm of the falling rain.

I will lie down in peace and sleep comes at once for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.
-Psalm 4

No comments: