Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Jumping Into The Pool

This is my first posting on a new site. For a few years now I have been emailing thoughts, reflections, and inspirational quotes to hundreds of friends and co-workers. It is a somewhat labor intensive process. I have been wanting to move in the direction of a blog or personal website. I guess this is my first step. My technical skills are somewhat limited so I have been hesitant to jump into the pool. I didn't realize how easy it was to get started until a friend showed me the way. My thoughts will usually be spiritual in nature although I often write about my two year old granddaughter or my love of music. Spiritually, I tend towards the contemplative life. Much of my life has been influenced by my relationship and physical proximity with the Abbey of Gethsemani. As a young man I studied and lived there with the idea of becoming a monk. It ended up not being the life for me but the place has always been part of my life and I am now part of a group of lay people called the Lay Cistercians of Gethsemani. You can find out more about this group at www.laycisterciansofgethsemani.org.

No comments: